Calm before the storm

Update on chemo plan

Enjoying pizza @ Perelman with Luke before my appt today! πŸ˜‹

The past week has been so nice being home, enjoying family, friends, and good food. Despite possible side-effects of my current medication, I’ve actually had an amazing appetite and have gained 7 pounds. Thanks to the steroids and prayer of course! πŸ’ͺπŸ™  I’ll enjoy and take advantage of this while I can!
Grace and I met my oncologist, Dr. Perl, today and had a great first impression. He spent a few hours with us throughly explaining the plan and answering our questions. He is optimistic that the current meds have steadily been destroying the leukemia cells, so he wants to start aggressive chemo therapy sooner than later as this has the best outcomes. It was a good and productive time today. We even got to fit in a bone marrow biopsy today before I was done... ouch! πŸ˜« 

So now, the plan is to admit to HUP pending bed availability and insurance auth, shooting hopefully for this Sunday or Monday, to begin the chemo treatment cycles which will be done both as inpatient and outpatient. 

Thank you for your continued prayers. Please pray for strength and faith as we begin chemo. Feel like it’s the calm before the storm. We are also trusting in the Lord for a bone marrow/stem cell transplant match which will be needed in the future after chemo is done! Awaiting for my brother’s test results. If not, then from the donor registry. In the Lord’s hands! πŸ™

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””