Chemo update

My first cycle of chemo has gone well past few days overall with minimal side-effects so far. Some slight nausea but manageable. Thank you for your prayers. I’ve still struggled with sleep though, most likely due to the steroids, and have only gotten 3-4 hours a night. 😴

I’m currently getting my 2nd to last bag of Cytoxane and one more to go tomorrow morning, along with two additional chemo meds and another spinal tap. My first one yesterday went well (see pic below) with no CSF headache like last time.  Please pray that this next one goes smoothly tomorrow as well. If so, the plan is to be discharged home tomorrow πŸ€— with continued chemo at my outpatient follow-up appt. next week! 



That third hand in the picture (the red one due to lack of oxygen) is Grace's. She's been by my side through all of these tests and everything else. My stalwart and constant through it all. I'm a lucky guy. So thankful for her. ☺️

Though I didn’t have a headache from the spinal tap, my back was pretty stiff. But I was able to work it out thanks to a massage chair they have here. I even fell asleep in it! 



It was a blessing to be able to be back on the same floor as last time esp. so I could see many familiar faces. The staff here are all amazing including the nurses, CNAs, PAs, docs, food services, and environmental services crew. Thankful for each and every person who I’ve had a chance to meet.

Please keep in prayer when I go home as I’ll be neutropenic for the next week or so with consequent higher risk for infection. They anticipate my levels to steadily come back up so I can return for my next inpatient chemo cycle in a few weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””