Fellow fighters

Fellow fighters

Enjoyed such a good week at home and am ready to take on this battle with renewed energy. Just wanted to share updates on two friends I had met at HUP during my previous admission:

Enjoying homemade ice cream with Trent’s family 



You might remember Trent from Kansas from my first post (the friend who I got to know during the fire my first night at HUP!) He was in remission x6 years and then his cancer returned a year after his bone marrow transplant... now awaiting to undergo car-T cell therapy.  He had been fighting low grade fever from neupogen shots these past few weeks and he also lost all of his hair cause of the meds. He’s still a handsome dude nonetheless. πŸ‘¨‍🦲 Anyway, he is slated to finally start treatment this coming week. Please lift him up as well as his wife Kayla and their 3 little ones. πŸ™




Ron (also from my first post, the guy who brought me much motivation to keep doing laps) was finally able to go home today, and I actually got his room! He told me that he kept the room nice and clean for me! πŸ˜‰. Please keep him in prayer as he has been battling Burkitt's lymphoma, diagnosed this past summer. He was treated with chemo but the cancer returned and affected nerves in his right leg and left arm. He is continuing his immunotherapy treatment which I still can't pronounce!😚


Also, wanted to add my dear mom to this post as she is the epitome of a fighter. Had a chance to visit with her this past week. Still reeling from my dad’s passing a few years ago, she has been a source of strength and inspiration to me. Words cannot express the love and support she has demonstrated. When she learned about bone marrow donation, she was the first to offer hers. I told her she was a little too old for that, but it’s her sacrificial heart that said it all! Forever grateful to her! Love you Umma! 

Comments

  1. Joe, great to see you a photo of you and your mom. Been praying for her as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””