Fever, the big “D”, and beanies

Fever, the big “D”, and beanies

Had a rough night last night with bad chills and a low-grade fever. Have also been having diarrhea since my most recent chemo infusion (which I also had last time after the same chemo), but just concerning as it's been going on 5 days now. Hopefully I don't have a bug as my immune system is not strong enough to fight an infection at this time. 

So, I went in today to Perelman to do some blood cultures/labs, urine and stool sample to rule out C. diff. Hopefully not the latter! 



Good thing was that my levels are steadily rising and I'm not neutropenic anymore. Otherwise, I would have been needed to be admitted.

In a room packed full of folks waiting to be seen for infusions, I was told it’d be an hour wait... ugh!  But then I was somehow expedited into a nice spacious room even with a bed (which I was thankful for to rest my head!) 

I had a delightful nurse who actually shares my birthday haha! All things considered, my visit went so smoothly, short and sweet. Please pray for the lab results and that there’d be no infection. 

On a side note, my hair all fell out this morning while in the shower. Hence, ordered some beanies to keep my head warm this winter! 👨‍🦲



Comments

  1. Thank you for taking the time to write and keeping us all posted! And thank you to Grace who keeps us all posted too. You and the family have been in our daily prayers. -Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe u look very handsome even without hair and u look great in a beanie! Praying for you daily. Hang in there. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you look great in a beanie! Hope you didn't have an infection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a friend of Jin’s through volleyball. He wrote an endearing note about you and knowing Jin, you must be an incredible person!

    Your faith and outlook on life is infectious and I wish you a positive prognosis in the coming days, weeks and beyond. I will keep you in my prayers and hope the messages bring you strength during this difficult journey.

    Admirably yours,
    Tuan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! 💪

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! 🔔