Chemo (Cycle B) update

This place is awesome. Nurses are so caring and have great bedside manner. And can’t say enough about the rest of the staff. My first night here, Vic from food services said I missed the cut for a dinner tray and the kitchen was unfortunately done making hot food. But Vic said he could bring me a pizza. When I saw it, I noticed it looked different than their usual... turns out it wasn’t from the kitchen but he said he went to get it from the cafeteria and delivered it to me himself! And deep dish, my favorite.πŸ˜‹πŸ‘ I told him he made my day!

Unfortunately since then, nausea has begun to creep in and I’m taking an additional stronger medicine for that.  And, I have not been able to get more than but several hours of sleep the past few nights which hasn’t helped. Please keep in prayer. My first of two spinal taps went well yesterday with no headaches thank God.  But my neck/back has been getting stiff again like last time.  I hope to visit the room downstairs with the massage chair sometime today. πŸ˜Œ 

Please continue to pray for these next few days of chemo. I am finished with the first medicine methotrexate and have transitioned to cytarabine for the next few days. Some other side-effects of this next medicine cytarabine are balance issues and irritation of eyes so have begun taking eye drops for the latter. In order to be discharged home, my methotrexate levels will need clear my body and be at a certain safe level (under 0.1). Hence, the continuous IV fluids and need to keep drinking as much as I can!

Please keep Trent in prayer as well as his discharge continues to be delayed due to his levels, mostly due to his CAR-T cells working in his body. He has also had some hand tremors for several days, and he was struggling with some dizziness yesterday. But Lord-willing, pending his counts start coming back up, he will be safe to be discharged home soon. 

Last but not least, please lift up Soo as she goes in for surgery today. If you remember from my previous update, she was one of my nurses here at HUP who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Please pray for complete healing and recovery through this surgery and radiation in the time to come. Pray for peace in her heart as she trusts God throughout this process. She knows she is in good hands. 

Comments

  1. Hi Joe,
    You are your family are in my daily prayers. We are all rooting for you and miss you dearly. If you need anything at all just let me know. You are an inspiration to all of us at the Shrine.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful staff! Glad you are experiencing these little moments of love and care through this difficult time. May God continue to send His little angels to encourage and strengthen you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying Joe. You have such eyes of light to see no matter the darkness. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””