Chemo here we come! (Cycle B)


I was admitted to HUP today for my next round of chemo which I’ll be starting tonight and should be here as an inpatient for about 3-4 days.  I was hoping to be back on the 7th floor like my last few times but there was no room in the inn. So I’m on the 6th floor with a whole new group of nurses and staff, but thankful nonetheless.   

Cool thing was that I got to reconnect with my friend Trent (who is on this floor!). He has been here at HUP since January 15th for his Car-T therapy which he has successfully completed, but his discharge has been delayed due to issues with fevers and his levels. He has lost 20 pounds since he’s been here. But, he is doing better recently and is hoping to be discharged tomorrow and then finally go home to Kansas in the coming weeks! It has been such a long journey for him and his family. In fact, yesterday was 8 years since he first got diagnosed. What a trooper he is! 



Thankfully, I've been feeling much better this past week and feel my body is ready for this next round of chemo treatment. πŸ’ͺ This next cycle “B” consists of two different chemo meds which they said are a bit harsher in terms of side-effects, so please keep in prayer. πŸ™  Compared to my first cycle “A”, they anticipate more fevers and more myelosuppression (so greater risk of infection and greater risk of kidney injury.)

I’ll also be getting repeat spinal taps with chemo tomorrow and prior to discharge.  Praying that they go smoothly with no headaches. 

So appreciate your continued prayers and loving support for me and my family. Grace and I were just saying how the past several weeks at home have been so sweet even though there were hard times. And we are now ready to fight this next round! πŸ’ͺπŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ™

  Early Valentine’s Day celebration πŸ˜˜





Kids (and Grace) having way too much fun! πŸ€”

Comments

  1. Aww, glad you were able to have an early Valentine's Day dinner. Seeing you guys together with that pillow in the middle is making me tear up. You guys are such troopers through all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the head banger look!! πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””