Peace



I received this card from a young boy at my church who has been praying for me. It made me smile and touched my heart. πŸ˜Œ I responded to him that both cancer and Coronavirus are bad, so let’s keep praying for those affected! πŸ™

I was admitted earlier today for my next round of chemo, but unfortunately it needed to be postponed a few days cause I mistakenly took a few meds which I was supposed to have held. πŸ€¦πŸ» Too dangerous on the kidneys along with the chemo. So, I came back home and will be returning on Sunday. Thankfully, we don’t live too far away from HUP. They didn’t want me staying in the hospital if at all possible cause of the increased risk of infection esp. with the Coronavirus. I was able to get my first of two spinal taps done though while I was there... that way I only need to get one more when I go back.



Due to COVID-19, the updated visitor policy at HUP now does not allow for any visitors, including family members. πŸ˜” There is definitely a different feeling here at HUP not only with health screenings as you enter the lobby but with literally everyone in the hospital wearing masks. And patients are practicing social distancing even when taking laps in the hallway! πŸšΆ      πŸšΆ      πŸšΆ The staff here are doing an amazing job and so appreciate these healthcare workers who are literally on the frontlines as we navigate this pandemic. 



Thank you so much for your continued prayers, encouragement, and perspective since we heard the disappointing news of the postponement of my transplant. It’s definitely been a struggle considering the implications of this esp. as I had come this far in my treatment plan. But trusting in God’s sovereign wisdom as well as the team taking care of me. I’ve been realizing the huge impact that the Coronavirus has been having on the provision of healthcare here as well as world-wide. Let’s keep this situation in prayer and cover those healthcare workers who are continuing to provide care as well as the patients receiving medical treatment in the midst of this pandemic. 


We’ve all witnessed the ghost towns and empty shops that have resulted from Corona as well. Let’s lift up in prayer and support those business owners and the employees who are now without work and income. 

Signs like this abound all around our neighborhood


These past several weeks, I realize my mind has been filled with so many different thoughts of what's going on right now including my treatment plan going forward in light of it all. So many uncertainties and uncharted territory. And I had lost many hours of sleep as a result as I’ve laid awake considering all the what ifs and implications esp. with my transplant being postponed for a couple of months. 

Just wanted to share these timely devotional thoughts from Paul Tripp which spoke to me and the current situation.



I especially liked this statement:

Peace is found in resting in the wisdom and grace of the One who has it all figured out and rules it all for his glory and our good.

It’s reassuring to know that even though I don’t understand or see why things are happening or not happening, God knows. He is still in control when the world seems to be out of control. And even more, He is sovereignly working all things out for our good cause He loves us. He is a good Heavenly Father. So I can find rest for my restless heart in Him. I’m reminded of His promise in Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Comments

  1. Hello Joe, With all that has been going on, I am just learning that your transplant was delayed and I am so sorry for that. I can appreciate how difficult it must be to have done so much preparation, both physically and emotionally, and then to have the plan change- for you and for your family. My positive thoughts are with you all.

    On a lighter note, your pictures of the Bead Garden made me smile. Both of my kids have had birthday parties there in the past and it brought back good memories of happier and simpler times.

    Be well Joe and I cannot wait to run into you in the stairwell at Shriners and to exchange smiles with you!! Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so hard to have no visitors, especially your family, as you go to the hospital. Hope the presence of the Lord is that much more real to you during these times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””