Social distancing and community during Corona

Waiting room at Perelman with 6 feet of separation taped off between chairs!!

Paul Tripp has said that “our lives are meant to be a community project” meaning we need each other to run this race. This is all the more pronounced during times of suffering, but community is needed just as much during times when we are “doing well”. The reality is we often don’t see how dependent we are for true fellowship and accountability with others, those friends who can speak truth in love. There’s a temptation to just self-isolate during this season, but I hope we can see our need for one another and do our best to reach out and love others well as we go through this pandemic together. 

As I’ve walked around outside with my mask as usual, it’s strange that everyone now looks like I have for the past several months! πŸ˜· I used to hate asking friends visiting whether they were sick or not to protect myself, but now that has become the new normal for everyone. Everyone is keeping their distance from friends, neighbors, and even those dropping off deliveries. What a time we are living in! πŸ˜“

With that said, thankfully we’ve been able to go virtual for many of our interactions including work, medical appointments, meetings, religious services, trivia nights, hang-outs, and even happy hours! 


Had the joy recently of connecting through Zoom with a former patient and family of mine from Albania! Also, we’ve even been able to meet with all of our extended family... even in Korea! Thank God for this amazing technology which has been so helpful esp. during this time of social distancing. πŸ‘


Hope you all are staying safe and healthy during this season! In the midst of social distancing, hope we are all able to love those in our lives well... whether virtually or through whatever means we can connect!

Never thought this would be one of the uses for a Q-tip!!

Thank you for your continued prayers. I’ve been struggling with fevers and fatigue this past week. My platelets are trending up but my levels are all still pretty low which may explain my fatigue from low hemoglobin. And my neutrophil count is still 0. πŸ˜¬ I got another neupogen injection yesterday to help with that. Please pray that my levels rise. Lastly, my providers are trying to arrange for my next round of chemo to be done at home if possible pending insurance approval. πŸ™

Comments

  1. Will be praying for your levels and for home chemo. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””