Donor drive update

I’m finishing up this round of chemo with just one more spinal tap scheduled for this Monday. It was so good to be able to do this at home these past few weeks... just to be with my family, and the home care nurses have been wonderful! I’ve gone for many walks and bike rides in our neighborhood enjoying the beautiful weather. 

I met with my transplant doctor this past week and will be meeting with my oncologist next week to further discuss the various options on the table. Much of the plan is pending on the results of my genetic testing results which we should be hearing back from soon. 

Please see link below for our updated Facebook page for our online donor drive as well as an article which my brother Dan wrote which sheds further light on the underrepresentation of Asians (and minorities overall) in our national registry and thus the need for more donors. 




Thank you so much for participating and sharing about the donor drive with your friends! We’ve been very encouraged to see how many folks have viewed our video in such a short time and have been overwhelmed by the support of friends who have reached out from near and far. Know that you are making a difference! Please keep this whole process in prayer and that God would provide the perfect donor in His perfect time. And that He would give me strength and keep my Leukemia at bay while I wait and continue with chemo until then. πŸ™

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””