Transplant donor update

I found out this past week that my genetic test results all came back normal... praise God! So, there's no genetic explanation that we know of as to the cause of my ALL. And that also means that most likely my niece Tabby wouldn't have any of these genetic mutations either (at least the ones I was tested for.) This is great news! πŸ€—

Could it be that both of us having such a rare diagnosis of leukemia is indeed a fluke coincidence?!  I know in God’s story, there is no such thing, as He is sovereign and working ALL (no pun intended! πŸ˜‰) things out for His glory because He loves us. Yes, would be hard to believe but so was an empty tomb!!

In regards to my transplant, the main takeaway from this is that my brother is now back on the table as a donor option! The genetic tests were comprehensive but there is always a possibility that we could be missing something. With that said, the safest donor choice would still be a full match from an unrelated donor. Otherwise, my brother is on a level playing field with a few other transplant options. Trusting God’s providence in all of this. Please pray for wisdom and discernment in the coming weeks as we consult with docs to make a decision on transplant. πŸ™

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””