#HyunStrong



This is the design on our HyunStrong t-shirts. πŸ’ͺ I feel honored to be standing alongside Tabby with hands raised up as she’s a champ... a true fighter who inspires me to keep persevering. Recently, whenever I get poked or prodded with needles or what not, I think of her and it gives me strength.  And especially now as I prepare for transplant in a few weeks. Here’s the link for our fundraising t-shirt if you’re interested:



So, the date for my transplant is set for 7/17 with admission on 7/10 for chemo conditioning and radiation prior to transplant. They will be collecting my cousin Bo’s stem cells on 7/9 locally in Chicago and then shipping them to Philly!

Both Bo and I are busy with tests in preparation for transplant. Bo is getting his full physical exam and blood tests done today and I’m going into Perelman almost everyday this week! I had a repeat bone marrow biopsy last week. Hopefully, results will still be negative for any leukemia. πŸ™  Please pray that all of our tests will go well and God will watch over both of our health. And please pray for our family. It’s been a good past few weeks and we feel that God has been refining and restoring us in different ways... what we need for the road ahead. Grace was saying that more than anything, as long as we know and trust that God is with us, we'll get through no matter what comes our way. πŸ’ͺ

The lyrics from Spirit Lead Me have been so encouraging to me recently through this journey as we learn to trust and rest in God’s goodness and sovereignty:

If  You  say  it’s  wrong,  then  I’ll  say  no 
If  You  say  release,  I’m  letting  go 
If  You’re  in  it  with  me,  I’ll  begin 
And  when  You  say  to  jump,  I’m  diving  in  
If  You  say  be  still,  then   will  wait 
If  You  say  to  trust,   will  obey 
Teach  me  how  to  follow  in  Your  way 
I’m  done  chasing  feelings  Spirit  lead  me

When  all  hope  is  gone  and  Your  Word  is  all   got 
 have  to  believe  You  still  bring  water  from  the  rocks 
To  satisfy  my  thirst,  to  love  me  at  my  worst  
And  even  when   don’t  remember 
You  remind  me  of  my  worth 
 don’t  trust  my  ways,  I’m  trading  in  my  thoughts 
I’d  lay  down  everything,  cause’  You’re  all  that   want 
I’ve  landed  on  my  knees,  this  is  the  cup  You  have  for  me
And  even  when  it  don’t  make  sense
I’m  gonna  let  Your  Spirit  lead 


As we prepare for this next phase of battle with transplant, we’re so grateful that we don’t go through this alone. Thanks for faithfully standing with us with your love and support! πŸ˜ŒπŸ™

We recently heard some great news... the visitor policy has been updated, now allowing for one visitor a day in certain units of the hospital... including the oncology and transplant floor!! πŸ€—  Though face-time is great, it will be such a welcome sight for sore eyes to have Grace or one of my family members be able to visit now and then as I may be in the hospital over a month’s time. Praise God!!

Comments

  1. Love the design! Will be praying for the transplant. Glad to hear that you can have a visitor during this process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for the updated visitor policy, just in time! #godstiming

    You got this, Joe! We are covering you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””