Solidarity

Another word, along with equity and justice, that we pray and strive to see displayed in genuineness and humility during this time of crisis in our nation as we stand alongside our dear black brothers and sisters. My heart is filled with grief and frustration as I just can’t get over how the basic God-given humanity was brutally stripped of George Floyd. And I can only imagine the outrage in God’s heart at this injustice and many more of the past. 

In our battle with cancer, we’ve also experienced solidarity demonstrated through more friends shaving their heads to identify with me and now my dear niece. Please keep Tabby in prayer as she steadily loses her hair. Pray for her spirit to be lifted as she goes through this traumatic experience esp. as a young girl. Our hearts break and all the more, these expressions of solidarity from dear friends have meant so much to us and another reminder that we’re not alone in this fight. πŸ’ͺπŸ‘¨‍🦲 Check our these videos and pics.



The past few days included trips to Perelman for platelet and blood transfusions as my levels are all still very low. In fact, I was told today that my neutrophil count the past several days has been 0 so basically I have no immune system right now. πŸ˜· The infusion nurses have been awesome and so caring. Yesterday, they were closing shop early cause of the unrest as I was still there waiting for another transfusion. But my nurse said he’d stay late for me so I could get my blood. πŸ˜Œ



This is what Grace and I came upon as we were driving to Perelman. Sad and crazy times.


They are now allowing visitors to wait in the lobby at Perelman as patients have their appts. So thankfully, Grace was able to be with me (virtually!) while I was getting my transfusions! 
FaceTiming with Grace while at Perelman!

Words cannot express my love and admiration for my wife. Our vows “to have and to hold, in sickness and in health” have been so well lived out by her. Grace has been my constant rock, lovingly standing by my side through all the ups and downs. She’s been juggling work (thankfully from home though) with everything else on the homefront as I’ve been out of commission most of the time. Thankful for our kids too who have stepped up in so many ways... I feel like they’ve all grown up so much these past 6 months! πŸ˜Œ Please pray for Grace and our kids for continued strength, hope, and faith as we go through this journey together. Thank you!

Comments

  1. Continuing to pray for you and Tabitha. We're with you! Thanks for letting us sojourn with you in this journey and fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your lives and love are more moving than a kdrama... 😭😭❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a heck of a wife and kids! So glad this experience is displaying your loving commitment to one another.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””