Perspective on “praying without ceasing”

1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:16-18 reads:
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
‭‭‬ ‭
A strange thing I find myself doing these days is literally talking to God (not in a usual prayer sense) but randomly when something happens, I’m walking around in my room, in the bathroom, eating (or not being able to!). Kind of like a good old friend. Maybe cause I’m in isolation, but it’s been nice and getting me through these tough days! In fact, I think my dad used to do that often and I’d ask him as a kid who he was talking to! 😌

Interestingly, the first song I listened to this morning was “Goodness of God” and the lyrics wrecked me:

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah

With all the uncertainties surrounding Covid and implications on our health, school, and livelihood, may we know that our sovereign God is always good and in control. And may we love not only our loved ones well during these difficult times, but also those who are hard to love, with the love that comes from God.

Comments

  1. Sometimes our loved ones r hard to love 😅😅. I know I’m hard to love many times. Such exhortation coming from u in such a time is quite powerful...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! 💪

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! 🔔