Transplant... here we come! πŸ’ͺ


It’s been a busy past few weeks getting ready for my transplant with various tests and labs as well as meeting with my transplant doc and radiation oncologist.  We were very thankful to hear that my recent bone marrow biopsy showed that my leukemia is still in remission! πŸ€—  Bo has been getting neupogen injections this week to boost his cell count in preparation for collection of stem cells on Thursday. 

The plan is still to be admitted this Friday for a week of conditioning chemo and radiation in preparation for transplant on 7/17. Can’t believe this is actually happening at last! As we look forward to transplant, our anticipation is tempered with fear. We covet your continued prayers as we know it’s going to be a fight. So appreciate you standing with us on the frontlines as we prepare for this next phase of battle. πŸ™

Here are a few verses that I’m holding onto as I prepare for transplant:

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭23:1-4‬ ‭

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:2-3‬ 

Some friends have organized prayer times including a prayer vigil which will take place the next two Saturdays, as they will be a few of the toughest and most critical days. On 7/11, I’ll be starting my conditioning chemo, and 7/18 will be the day after transplant. If you’re able and willing to pray on any of those days, would love for you to sign up on the link below!


Here are some requests to help guide your prayers. Thanks!! 
  • For week of conditioning chemo and radiation to shut down my immune system
  • Strength to endure side-effects of chemo and radiation
  • My body to accept Bo’s stem cells and for them to totally engraft to produce healthy blood cells as well as recognize and destroy any residual leukemia 
  • Protection from graft vs. host disease, infection, and viruses esp. while in hospital 
  • Spiritual and emotional strength for me and my family while I’m in hospital around a month
  • Grace as she continues to hold down fort at home 
  • The amazing staff who will be taking care of me (doctors, nurses, aides, environmental and food service staff)
  • Fellow fighters who continue to battle respectively (Tabitha, Mrs. Oh, Ryan, Ron, and Trent)
  • God to be glorified through whatever I go through. And that He will allow me to be a blessing to others even though I’ll be in isolation cause of being immunosuppressed.

As we reflect on the past several months, we see that this was not a purposeless postponement but rather a providential detour. For example, if it wasn’t for my transplant being postponed, we most likely wouldn’t have launched the virtual donor drive including raising the awareness for underrepresented minority groups in need of life-saving donors. As we all navigate uncertainty during this unprecedented season, may we rest in God’s sovereignty and loving wisdom, even when things don’t make sense and we just can’t see why things are or aren’t happening. 



#HyunStrong!! πŸ’ͺ


Avengers movie night outside!! 

Last hurrah get-away to Boston
Lobster roll!! 🦞

Social distanced visit with old friends on the way home ☺️

Got to see both grandmoms before transplant! 😷

Comments

  1. praying praying praying.... sending lots of hugs, hyuns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why that posted as mak, it's Jeremy :)

      Delete
  2. Stay strong πŸ’ͺ🏻 My prayers with you, for you and your family πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be praying for you Joe and the family. Stay strong Hyuns!
    Mike L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t have any words... which is incredibly rare πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. Praying for you guys. Much love and many hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””