Week 2 update

Happy Re-birthday! πŸŽˆπŸ₯³



My transplant last Friday marked a special day in my life which we’ll always celebrate. As many of you know, I suffered a massive heart attack almost 7 years ago, but thankfully by God’s grace, I was given a second chance. I was able to see my kids grow up and be with them through their childhood years. Anyway, I hope this one is the last Re-birthday I ever have! Along with my spiritual birthday, that makes four all together and that’s enough for me!! πŸ˜…

Words cannot express my heartfelt gratitude to Bo for what He’s done to help give me another chance at life. Lord-willing, I hope to see my kids grow up through their teen years and adulthood! 


Here’s a pic of Bo and me when we were little. He was always like a younger brother to me, and though we’ve gotten older and distance has prevented us from seeing each other more often than we’d like, he’s always been and always will be on my heart. 


“Worst day” πŸ€’

“Best day” 😜
The past several days after transplant were bad with unrelenting chills, fevers, GI issues, and nausea. Thankfully, all my infection work-up came back negative including my chest x-ray, urine, and 3 sets of blood cultures! πŸ’‰ My nurse even got a bedside commode for me which was pretty humbling! (Haven’t used it yet though... other than as a stand to put things on!) 😷



They said what I’ve been going through is normal during this phase and the post-transplant cytoxane chemo which I got has helped lower my fevers thankfully. The cytoxane is also supposed to help fight graft vs. host disease. They said that my levels should bottom out (no immune system) by early next week. And Lord-willing, the new stem cells will start engrafting a week or two after that with levels rising accordingly. πŸ™

This gadget helps my lungs!!

My fevers seem to finally have broken for now and I’ve felt much better the past few days. Please pray though for my fatigue, nausea, and appetite... I’ve barely been eating one full meal a day this past week with everything going on. And most of you know, that’s not like me! πŸ˜‹

Joy was able to visit and spend some quality time together with me yesterday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””