Week 3 update


Here’s a pic with Dr. Paralkar who took care of me this past December when I had first come to HUP. I hadn’t seen him since then so seeing and catching up with him the other day was so special. Dr. Paralkar’s bedside manner is impeccable and I’ll never forget the competent and compassionate care he provided during a time when my world had been flipped upside down. πŸ˜Œ 


This is my beautiful view of Penn campus.  It’s the same view I had back during my admission in December when I first came here. Though I love it and enjoy the bright sunshine pouring into my hospital room everyday, I so want to go home. We have a mental countdown til that day in our minds but take it day by day knowing that every admission duration is different. We also keep a close eye on my blood levels. 



My levels including my ANC (neutrophil count) recently hit rock bottom and is officially at “0” meaning I essentially have no immune system right now. It also means there’s only one way up from here! πŸ™„ Please pray that my levels will soon and steadily rise as Bo’s cells begin to engraft. It’s amazing to entrust these fine microscopic details into God’s hands. But we’re reminded and rest assured knowing that He formed and sustains each and every cell! Please also pray against graft vs. host disease. πŸ™

This past weekend, I had a horrible headache which lasted all night but finally “broke” around 4am on Sunday morning so we held off on doing a head CT. Thanks to the many who prayed that night through those dark hours! πŸ™ I've never rated my pain a 10/10, but it was unbearable, and I was helpless in the fetal position... and every other position I tried including hanging my head off the bed upside down! πŸ€― I’ve also had some throbbing bony pain in my legs recently most likely from my Neupogen shots but this is a good thing as it means that my cells are proliferating in my bone marrow! πŸ˜…

Many of you’ve prayed for my appetite which had been hampered by nausea, but thankfully that’s steadily improved. The food options here at HUP have almost returned to pre-Covid norm... the Margarita flatbread is quite delicious! But there’s nothing like homemade food like one of my favorites... yook gae jang (spicy Korean beef soup)!




Appreciate your prayers for Joy as well as she had her impacted wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. πŸ˜¬She’s a trooper! 




I enjoyed having Chloe visit and hangout with me today!




Thanks to all that have bought our #HyunStrong fundraiser T-shirts in show of support and solidarity as our family fights this battle!


Comments

  1. I hope u can go home for good as soon as possible too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””