100% donor!! πŸ€—



I had my first post transplant appt at Perelman a few days ago. My engraftment analysis showed I’m “100% donor” meaning that my cousin Bo’s stem cells have fully engrafted! Praise the Lord! They said that Bo must really like me! πŸ˜‰ Thank you for having prayed for this.


Thanks to Covid, I’ll be able to do most of my weekly follow-up appts virtually via telemedicine, so I just have to trek into Perelman once a month! And beginning in January, I’ll need to get Re-vaccinations as I have a new baby immune system. πŸ‘Ά Amazing!! 




It’s been so good to be home enjoying fresh air, home cooked food, and quality time with family. I’m steadily gaining energy everyday doing laps in the house... thanks in part to the steroids. πŸ’ͺ


Been doing my daily 4 hour iv infusions at home with a little convenient portable bag. And I’m getting used to taking my dozens of pill cocktails everyday which I store in my new laptop-sized pillbox!! πŸ˜¬





Birthday wishes do come true! When I was in the hospital, all I wanted for my bday was to be able to be home. Here’s some pics from my beloved rehab family at Shriners (with HyunStrong t-shirts donned!) and dear friends from my church who stopped by for a welcomed social-distanced visit! πŸ˜·





It was also so nice to see my brother Dan in person!! Please keep my dear niece Tabby in prayer as she started her new cycle of chemo treatment yesterday which is supposed to be more intense. She braved through a lumbar puncture under local anesthesia for the first time. Tabby is a trooper. 




Comments

  1. Joe, what wonderful news! Praising God for this answer to prayer. Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest belated birthday Joe!! Wishes do come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God that you are a 100% donor! And happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””