Home sweet home!! 🏑


After a month long battle, I was discharged home yesterday. It’s so good to be home. The first meal I had was Udon noodle soup and Korean pancakes! πŸ˜‹



This past month was a long one away from family, but so thankful for the updated visitor policy which allowed one visitor a day and of course FaceTime which provided for ways to connect. 




A dear physician friend stopped by last week. Was so good to catch up with him. He didn’t count as a visitor though cause he works here at HUP!




The nurses and other staff provided such excellent care for me this past month. I couldn’t thank them enough. Here’s a pic of me with my friend Steven from food services. When he’s working, it makes all the difference. Steven knows what I like to eat and he often finds some extras in the kitchen to make my day! πŸ˜‹



This 2nd pic was from 7 months ago when we first met (before covid)... and when I was chubby and with hair! 



There is a magic number after transplant of 100 days. This is how long I’ll be on my immunosuppressive meds at least and need to be especially careful about not getting sick... basically living in a bubble until then. This includes being very compliant with staying away from germs and keeping my living environment clean and sanitized including food. So I can’t eat take-out food. πŸ˜© October 25th (day 100) is already marked on my calendar as it’ll be a take-out party... hopefully Pizza Hut! πŸ•


I’ll also be following up with my transplant providers every week until then. Please keep this critical time period in prayer. Please pray specifically for Bo’s stem cells to fully engraft into my bone marrow. Please also pray that potential graft vs. host disease (GVHD) would be held at bay. I’m pretty deconditioned and weak so I’ll have quite a ways to go as I recover in the coming months. But will take it day by day. 


I’ve always believed in the power of prayer but this gift has become such a tangible reality this past month esp. during those horrible days when side-effects were on a rampage. Thank you for  standing beside me and lifting me up when I had no strength of my own. Appreciate your continued prayers in the coming months. Words cannot express our family’s gratitude for your sacrifice of prayer and loving support in so many ways. I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for you guys. πŸ˜Œ






Comments

  1. So happy to see you are home, Joe! Prayers for continued strength and healing, Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so glad u r back home Joe. What a long journey. Praying for u. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are home. We continue to pray for complete healing. My prayer group, mostly Ft Washington folks, remember the Hyun family with fondness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are home brother! Remembering and partnering with you in this journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””