Just another bump in the road πŸš™

Earlier this week, I noticed that my right arm was swollen. I’ve been on steroids, but it definitely wasn’t just bigger biceps. πŸ’ͺ Rather, it was edema, and my right arm was about 3 centimeters bigger in circumference than normal. 


So, the next morning, I got an ultrasound which revealed a clot in one of my deep veins. Thankfully, we found it early and it can be treated with daily anti-coagulant injections at home for the next few months. And another good thing is that I can keep my existing PICC line in to continue to do my infusions and blood draws. So, at the end of the day, this is just another bump in the road... on this road of recovery. In the midst of this potential emergency, Grace and I were thankful for God’s peace which filled our hearts and minds, and for how everything panned out all things considered. πŸ˜Œ


On that vane, God has been teaching me through this journey to trust Him and find things to be thankful for in the midst of apparent setbacks. For example, my rash has been settling down this past week which has been an answered prayer... and relief! πŸ˜… It’s been good to be able to rest in His grace and sovereignty esp. as so many things are beyond my control. 


As we all continue to navigate this unprecedented pandemic with its various implications on this new schoolyear, our families, our health, and our overall livelihood, may we see how God is still in control. Even through this crazy season of covid and uncertainties in our nation and world, I’m realizing that He lovingly wants to work out His good and perfect will in our lives. May we see His fingerprints. 

Comments

  1. Amen. RealIzing slowly just how zero control I have in life has been a long painful humbling journey. Amazing to see u and ur family’s witness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family, Joe. Good to know that Christ is ruling and reigning even in the midst of this! Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Encouraged to see that you are continuing to trust God through different setbacks and bumps. It's so hard to trust Him day by day over things that are out of our control but He is a good good Father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sega Genesis Classics - Airjordan's 14Retro
    Sega where can you buy air jordan 18 retro men blue Genesis Classics is a compilation of over 50 classic titles from the golden buy air jordan 18 retro men era of Sega. It includes over air jordan 18 retro racer blue to good site 50 titles, air jordan 18 retro red good site including Sonic air jordan 18 retro varsity red from me the Hedgehog,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””