Support group

For the past week, I’ve been struggling with fevers, headaches, and weird muscle spasms. They said the spasms are most likely due to the prolonged steroids I’ve been on. And the headaches may be from bracing myself during my lovenox shots... my least favorite time of the day! πŸ˜¬ But not sure bout the fevers. Anyway, I got checked out a few days ago at Perelman and got various tests and cultures. Thankfully I was covid negative and the other ones are still pending. Hopefully this will be a better week! πŸ™



I recently enjoyed participating in a bone marrow transplant support group hosted by Penn which meets twice a month (virtually of course!) πŸ˜· This is one avenue where I can get to meet other transplant recipients, to glean from their experiences and lessons as well as hopefully provide some encouragement to them as well. It was a small and cozy group of four of us transplant recipients with a few caregivers along with an oncology nurse and social worker who facilitated and provided helpful input. It was encouraging to hear from some of the folks about how their faith in God as well as the unwavering support of their amazing caregivers and wonderful healthcare teams have gotten them through this battle so far, taking it day by day. We all could resonate with one another.


The group talked about how they’ve missed getting together with their grandkids during this covid season on top of being immunocompromised. I thought about my 93 y/o grandmother who is in a nursing home which is not allowing any visitors. It saddens my heart but I’m thankful that she is doing well and being well-cared for by the staff. Just recently, they told my mom that she could bring Kimchi and other korean food she loves, and they’d even prepare it for her in their kitchen! God’s goodness and provision. πŸ˜Œ. May He grant grace and comfort to us all, as we long to see and embrace our loved ones which many of us have been unable to do during this season of covid. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””