100 days old! (Baek-il) πŸ•



One important milestone celebration in the Korean culture is the “Baek-il”.  Back in the day, many babies unfortunately didn’t make it to 100 days cause of sickness and poor living conditions. So, the 100th day came to be celebrated for the baby having survived this difficult period, and signified that the baby would most likely live to see their first birthday.


Interestingly, 100 days post-transplant is also a significant day. Not only cause it means one’s new baby immune system has survived the most critical time of potential infection, but also cause it’s the day you’re allowed to eat take-out food again! (Hence, the slice of pizza emoji!) πŸ˜‹


As many of you know, I don’t “eat to live, but rather, live to eat.” I really enjoy food. So, over the past several months, I’ve been compiling a list of my favorite restaurants and foods that I can’t wait to have again... ranging from different ethnic eateries to a simple slice of pizza. Never realized how much I took take-out for granted! πŸ˜‰


To celebrate my 100th day yesterday, we got my favorite food of all time... Pizza Hut pan pizza! A few months ago, we were sad to hear that many Huts had gone under and closed. So, this was all the more a special day to be able to find one that was still in business... and btw, this was a real Pizza Hut restaurant, not one of those pseudo ones in Target or at a rest stop. πŸ˜™


A great day... well worth the wait! πŸ˜‹


As our family reflected on these past 100 days and this past year, we’re so very thankful for all of our dear friends and family who have faithfully stood alongside us on this journey. And we praise God for His great faithfulness. Through all the ups and downs, we were never alone in this battle. I’m reminded of two passages that I held onto before I went to transplant (and still do): 


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭23:1-4‬ ‭


When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:2-3‬ 

Comments

  1. Congratulations!!!wel deserved celebration πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’ͺ🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””