Cheers!






Last week, we had an unforgettable surprise drive-by visit from my rehab family from Shriners. I call them family as they were more than co-workers. We’ve been through so much together from the births of our children to the passing of our loved ones. Through the ups and downs of life, we had many celebrations as well as grieved deeply at times over the years... together as a family. This is what I’ll miss the most about the Shrine. Such a special place because of the special people who work there. ๐Ÿ˜Œ


When I think of Shriners, I’m often reminded of the old TV show Cheers




The theme song from the show well depicts how it felt to work there:


Sometimes you wanna go

Where everybody knows your name

And they're always glad you came

You wanna be where you can see

Our troubles are all the same

You wanna be where everybody knows your name



My family had never done a professional outdoor photo shoot but thought this would be a special year to do one considering all we have been through this past year. A former co-worker and dear friend from Shriners, Dani Dunn, who has since followed her passion to become a photographer, generously offered to do a session for our family. It was a lot of fun! 



Here’s a pic of Dani taking a pic of Chloe!๐Ÿ˜‰

You can check out her website here 


http://www.danidunnphotography.com/




This past weekend, Grace and I took advantage of the gorgeous weather as we enjoyed a last-minute getaway at a retreat center on the Chesapeake bay. It’s been so long since we’ve done that, just Grace and me. It was so special to take some quality time to reflect on this past year and affirm our love for one another through it all. I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for Grace. I’ll never forget the long nights of fevers when I later found out that Grace didn’t sleep but a wink as she constantly checked on me and applied ice packs to keep them at bay. 





We went on many strolls enjoying the beautiful landscape and enjoyed some good food prepared by the awesome staff. Glad I could eat take-out!! ๐Ÿ˜‹




We celebrated Joy turning 17! ๐Ÿฅณ She said her one wish this year as she blew out the candles was for me... that I could be here to celebrate together with her (and sing happy b-day loudly!) ๐Ÿ˜ฎ




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! ๐Ÿ’ช

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! ๐Ÿ””