Anniversaries

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of virtually (no pun intended!) everything being shut down in our country by the Covid pandemic. It’s been a tough year for all of us. But, as we all persevere in our respective spheres and battles, we will make it through this unfortunate time in history together... hopefully with a renewed perspective on what really matters most in life.


A happier anniversary worth celebrating was Grace and my 20th anniversary yesterday. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch outdoors at a French bistro and then walking around Penn’s landing (Covid-style πŸ˜·).







When we exchanged wedding vows 20 years ago, I never imagined all that we would go through together in such a relatively short time. But, through all the ups and downs, Grace has been my steadfast support who I could not live without. Words cannot express my love, respect, and appreciation for the amazing woman she is. 


The black & white was for visual effect... we weren’t married THAT long ago!! πŸ˜œ


My repeat labs from the other day showed that my platelets were unfortunately even lower than last week despite the transfusion and blood-cell boosting injection. So I had to get another transfusion and injection. 


Thankfully though, my CMV viral level came down a lot last week... it’s not undetectable yet but very much lower. And I’m still waiting on the lab result from another virus that had tested positive... hoping that it comes back negative. If so, I can wean off of these antiviral meds that are inhibiting my blood counts. Thanks for your continued prayers!

Comments

  1. Joe, happy 20th anniversary to you and Grace! So glad you were able to celebrate together. We continue to pray for you daily that God would grant you much strength and encouragement to persevere through each difficult obstacle that you face. #yougotthis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary , many more to comes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest anniversary to a beautiful beautiful couple. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Praying for a full healing of your body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary!!πŸ₯‚πŸ’•. Wishing you many more full of love and health!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Powerback! πŸ’ͺ

Perspective on the infamous “IV pole”

Ringing the bell! πŸ””